The BC Crime Prevention Association is an integrated team of citizens and police, dedicated to preventing crime. We provide ongoing province-wide education and awareness through our community partnerships.
Providing leadership and collaborating with partners across BC to prevent crime and improve community safety through awareness and education.
Working together for safer communities in British Columbia
- Collaboration: We share knowledge and enhance local networks throughout British Columbia.
- Dedication: We are committed to excellence in crime prevention.
- Leadership: We aspire to deliver guidance, innovative products and services of the highest quality, based on best practice crime prevention knowledge.
- Integrity: We operate in a strategic and transparent manner. We demonstrate competence, reliability and accountability.
THE BCCPA IS A FORUM TO...
- Keep you informed and up-to-date on crime prevention topics and issues through seminars, symposiums and the BCCPA Newsletter
- Gather leading edge information on crime prevention initiatives from a variety of regional, national, and international programs
- Share and exchange ideas and ‘best-practices’ regarding crime prevention programs and initiatives
- Disseminate crime prevention related training materials, tips, and strategies
In 2016, the BCCPA recognized the need to update and refresh plans that had guided the organization’s activities. Recognizing that strategic planning is key governance accountability, the Board engaged consulting support and worked collaboratively throughout the following the year to develop the plan. An environmental scan and membership survey provided valuable input and background for this plan.