Although BCCPA’s main purpose is to prevent crime, we also like to help law enforcement and other investigative bodies by encouraging the general public to report something they see or hear that is criminal in nature.
Not everybody is comfortable with supplying their personal information face-to-face with a police officer but there are ways to fulfill your duty as a citizen and report what you know in a more confidential way. You can even remain anonymous if you wish.
It is far better to report crime than to suppress valuable information. To encourage the flow of information we have listed the most frequently used numbers that are dedicated to receiving your information about criminals and criminal activities. Some of these numbers accept anonymous tips but others do not.
Report a crime
IHIT (Integrated Homicide Investigation Team):
- 604-543-9217 or 1-877-543-9217
ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia):
- Fraud Tip Line: 604-661-6844 or 1-800-661-6844
BCSC (British Columbia Securities Commission):
- 604-899-6854 or 1-800-373-6393.
- PHONEBUSTERS (RCMP-Ontario Provincial Police):
RECOL (Reporting Economic Crime Online):
- Online via: http://www.recol.ca/
IBC (Insurance Bureau Canada):
- Greater Vancouver Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-8477
- Crime Stoppers of the Central Okanagan: 1-800-222-8477
- Prince George Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-8477
- Campbell River Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477
- Fraud Management: 1-877-567-2062
- Additional information on phone fraud: www.telus.com/scams