- May 3, 2019
- Posted by: BCCPA
- Category: News
Property crimes are often crimes of opportunity. To reduce the opportunity of becoming a victim of property crime, the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office in Florida began the #9pmRoutine. The program started in 2017 by has since spread to police agencies across the United States and Canada.
BCCPA is encouraging home owners and residents to establish a 9 p.m. Routine to protect themselves their loved ones and their property from becoming targets or victims of property crime.
The 9 p.m. Routine has a few simple steps:
- Remove valuables, including garage door openers from vehicles
- Lock vehicle
- Close the overhead garage door
- Lock door between garage and house
- Close & lock all external doors
- Ensure all windows are shut & locked
- Turn on an outside light